Cooling System Service in Fredericksburg, VA
Whenever a cooling system is neglected for a long period of time, it becomes a continuing source of problems. It can also result in corrosion causing extensive damage to your car expert, and very difficult to reverse.
In many cases, mechanical failure of a vehicle is attributed to neglect of the cooling system. An engine or transmission failure can cause thousands of dollars in damage in addition to the dangers and inconveniences that come with a breakdown. A leaky radiator, hose connection, sticking thermostat, or other cooling system component on borrowed time could save the engine’s life. Overheating can further damage valve guides, dent pistons, crack cylinder heads, and crush gaskets.
Why it is important to have your car’s cooling system regularly serviced
One of the most important and valuable maintenance services you can do for your car is the Cooling System Service. The cooling system in your car helps keep your most valuable components in top shape. This can save you thousands of dollars in repairs. As the name implies the cooling system in your car keeps the engine cool and running in its peak performance.
An engine that runs hot is not something you should ignore. Due to the intense heat generated by combustion, the engine block itself can become melted and warped, resulting in significant damage.
Read on as Airport Auto Sales, used car certified experts provide you with important information about your car’s cooling system service in Fredericksburg, VA.
How To Tell If Your Car Needs A Cooling System Service
Once you start the engine, the temperature rises rapidly toward extremely high levels. The cooling system in your vehicle prevents your engine from overheating. There are several parts to this system, including the radiator, fan, and thermostat. To prevent your car from overheating and consequently sustaining major engine damage, your cooling system must remain in its top condition. Below are top signs your car needs a cooling system service:
- If you see the temp gauge on your dashboard rapidly rising or creeping into the red zone.
- The coolant level on your vehicle may be low for no apparent reason. You should have it diagnosed as soon as possible.
- If you notice green fluid gathering on the ground under your car when you usually park, you’ve got reason to suspect an external coolant leak.
- If you see smoke coming from underneath your hood, you have an overheating problem.
- The presence of white exhaust smoke means coolant is in fact being burned inside the combustion chamber.
As soon as your car shows these symptoms get in touch with an Airport Auto Sales certified expert, and we will get your car in Fredericksburg, VA running in its top condition in no time.
How often should a cooling system be serviced
Your Airport Auto Sales certified experts in Fredericksburg, VA recommends having your car’s cooling system and radiator inspection at least every 12 months. If you travel a lot, it’s important to inspect your system every 12,000 miles.
What is included in a cooling system service
- During this process your Airport Auto Sales certified experts in Fredericksburg, VA will do a check for the coolant pressure and volume.
- Checking the radiator cap for fit and function is also imperative.
- Radiator hoses are tested to make certain they are not cracked or worn out.
- Then there is also an engine belt inspection.
Why choose Airport Auto Sales for your cooling system service in Fredericksburg, VA?
If you are looking for a cooling system service in Fredericksburg, VA. Airport Auto Sales is the best company around. With over 20 years of service, we will make sure your car will always run in its peak performance.
If you have any queries regarding cooling system service and used cars in Fredericksburg, VA. Do not hesitate to reach out to us. We are looking forward to serving you soon.